ATX Community

Fast printer recomendations for Windows 10.

NECPA in NEBRASKA

I was hoping that my HP Laserjet 4200 would last a few more years, because it is such a workhorse. It works fine with Windows 10 for one copy jobs and will still print duplex, but it refuses to print multiple copies of anything. I have tried the fixes that I've found online, but none of them have worked. I get an error message that says install an EIO hard disk. I have spent a few hours on this and don't have any more time to waste. I am looking for something that will print returns quickly and will duplex. I still have to print my organizers and annual letters after I get out the rest of my payroll returns. 

I am so far behind, because we found out that my younger sister has a pretty large tumor in her frontal lobe on 12/31 and I am taking her everywhere until they can finally get her surgery scheduled in a couple of weeks. She can't drive, because the tumor caused her to have a seizure and her memory and moods have been affected. She doesn't want anyone but me to help and I'm at my wits end now.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any ideas so that I can just order one and plug it in.

Thanks!

Thinking of you and your sister. What a heavy load you are carrying right now. It brings it all in perspective. Family, people first. 

Not sure about your printer. I have HP LASERJET PRO M402n. Last year was my first year with the printer. This year is my first year with Windows 10. 

I hear a steady blipping back and forth on the computer when I walk away for a few minutes and it goes to sleep. After chasing down the culprit and trying to fix it, I finally turned the sound off and it's all good now. 

That's the extent of my computer knowledge. 

• Like 7

My old HP LaserJet P2055dn is still going strong with my new Dell win10 computer. It's a model down from the duplexing model, though. It's about 45 pages per and is now my oldest piece of equipment, so I'll pay attention to what you all are using. All my HP printers have been workhorses; I pass them down to hubby when I buy a faster one.

Take good care of yourself. I know you're taking good care of your sister. And, I know it's cutting into your work time and probably sleep. If clients don't understand, send them away. If they do, put them on extension or at least give them a later appointment. Prayers for your sister, you, your family, and her whole medical team! You know we're all here for you, and NOT just for taxes.

• Like 5

NECPA, I'm praying for you, your sister, and your family.  If there is anything I can help with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sorry that I don't have a recommendation for a printer because I may be shopping soon too, so I'm interested to hear from others on this subject as well.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NECPA in NEBRASKA said:

I was hoping that my HP Laserjet 4200 would last a few more years, because it is such a workhorse. It works fine with Windows 10 for one copy jobs and will still print duplex, but it refuses to print multiple copies of anything. I have tried the fixes that I've found online, but none of them have worked. I get an error message that says install an EIO hard disk. I have spent a few hours on this and don't have any more time to waste. I am looking for something that will print returns quickly and will duplex. I still have to print my organizers and annual letters after I get out the rest of my payroll returns. 

I am so far behind, because we found out that my younger sister has a pretty large tumor in her frontal lobe on 12/31 and I am taking her everywhere until they can finally get her surgery scheduled in a couple of weeks. She can't drive, because the tumor caused her to have a seizure and her memory and moods have been affected. She doesn't want anyone but me to help and I'm at my wits end now.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any ideas so that I can just order one and plug it in.

Thanks!

Sending prayers for you and your sister.  Hope it all goes well.

• Like 2

Hi @NECPA in NEBRASKA - your sister (and you!) are in my prayers.

I bought a Canon imageClass MF269dw as a multi-function machine.  It is a B&W duplex laser printer (among other functions) and it is *lightning* fast printing.  I've set it as my default printer, it's so fast and the print quality is so good.  And it was pretty inexpensive, to boot!

• Thanks 1

Sending prayers for you, you sister and family. I definitely understand what you're are going thru, and as Margaret said, a client who doesn't understand is not worth having. I took care of my mother for 2 1/2 years until she passed this last November. Being out of state didn't help either. I am blessed to say, not one client complained and I still have them all. Hang in there and I hope you find the right printer. I have an HP Laser Jet Pro M402dn. It has been a great printer and is only three years old. Does the duplexing and prints the first page within 6 seconds. I think they are still available on Amazon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Prayers for you and your sister.  I use a HP Laserjet Pro M425dn and have found it to be a fast and reliable printer.  It is a network printer which is nice and handles duplexing with ease.  Toner is inexpensive on Amazon. This will be it's 4th tax season and I do A LOT of printing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1