ATX Community

2019 ATX Max program helps

Janet

I have noticed a few things that are not working on the ATX Max Program for 2019.  I am requesting these items be implemented:

1.        Form 8887 Paid Preparers Due Diligence Checklist – It would be helpful for this form to load into the return automatically if the 1040/EIC, Child Tax Credit, Head of Household,  or Educational Credits are opened.

2.        Anytime the income and filing status on a tax return qualify for EIC and it hasn’t been added, it would be helpful to have a black line in the “Check Return” section that flags “This tax return may qualify for EIC”.  It was on the 2018 ATX Program but I do not find it this year.

3.       A RED Line be added to the “Check Return” Section if the Virtual Currency Line on Form 1040 Sch 1 has not been marked.

4.       On the Oklahoma State Tax Return Form 511 a very helpful line was dropped 3 or 4 years ago.  On the buttons across the bottom of a Form 511 is one for “Retirement”. Clicking on that button gives you a list of all the 1099R’s in the program and an opportunity to mark them for the different exclusions that are available.  Under the CSRS exclusion there use to be a list of the Account numbers from the 1099R that qualified for this credit.  The list included:  CSA 0,1,2,3,4      CSF0,1,2, CSA 7,8 and CSF 7,8.  Only account numbers starting with these prefixes qualify for the exemption from tax.  Having this screen pop up was very helpful and I would appreciate it being added back to the program.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 11:26 AM, Yardley CPA said:

Joe...any idea on how receptive they are to suggestions placed in that forum?  

Hopefully they at least look at it because I don't think they're monitoring (or maybe not responding) to any of the other forums, and Kristen Lee has been gone for awhile.

• Like 1