ATX Community

Windows 10 Pro

grandmabee

I had my IT guy load Windows 10 pro and everything was working until I tried to open prior years of ATX.

I have 13,14,15,16 and 17 that I need to be able to work.  2018 works.

Anyone else have this problem after upgrading to 10?  is there a fix?  or do I need to call ATX and wait on hold forever?

thanks for any insight.

Download these fix files for every year (everyone reading this should do so as well).

https://support.cch.com/kb/solution.aspx/000041746

End all ATX services in task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc or right-click taskbar).

RUN THE FIX FILES YOU DOWNLOADED AS ADMINISTRATOR by right clicking and choosing 'run as administrator.'

This needs to be done on the computer where you ATX data is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was able to come in early today and got right thru to support.  They logged in my computer and fixed it. She also offered to download my 2019 program to see if I had any problems.  Everything went great and we were done in 23 minutes.  Best tech support I have had from ATX since the very beginning.

• Like 4

On 1/25/2020 at 10:33 AM, Abby Normal said:

Download these fix files for every year (everyone reading this should do so as well).

https://support.cch.com/kb/solution.aspx/000041746

End all ATX services in task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc or right-click taskbar).

RUN THE FIX FILES YOU DOWNLOADED AS ADMINISTRATOR by right clicking and choosing 'run as administrator.'

This needs to be done on the computer where you ATX data is.

ATX has dropped the 2014 database repair file and added the 2019. I cannot recommend enough that you download these files every year. I have 14 if anyone needs it: https://send.firefox.com/download/36b94dad48ad57d0/#i-gvch7OTmEBF3Yh_cULog

Here is the error I am getting:

Session Summary Information:
Date/Time: 2/3/2020 1:31:39 PM
ApplicationVersion: 19.2.7313.33892
CommandLine: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolters Kluwer\ATX2019\ATX.exe" 
CurrentCultureName: en-US
CurrentUICultureName: en-US
DnsDomainName: 
Duration: 00:02:54.1920225
HostName: DESKTOP-SA947C2
MemoryMB: 16185
OSArchitecture: Amd64
OSCultureName: en-US
OSFullNameWithServicePack: Windows 10 Professional
OSVersion: 10.0.17763
ProcessorCores: 8
RuntimeVersion: 4.0.30319.42000
TerminalServer: False
System.InvalidOperationException: There is no index named: Formsets/AnnualRollover2019
   at Raven.Client.Connection.ServerClient.DirectQuery(String index, IndexQuery query, OperationMetadata operationMetadata, String[] includes, Boolean metadataOnly, Boolean includeEntries)
   at Raven.Client.Connection.ServerClient.<>c__DisplayClass81_0.<Query>b__0(OperationMetadata u)
   at Raven.Client.Connection.ReplicationInformer.TryOperation[T](Func`2 operation, OperationMetadata operationMetadata, OperationMetadata primaryOperationMetadata, Boolean avoidThrowing, T& result, Boolean& wasTimeout)
   at Raven.Client.Connection.ReplicationInformer.ExecuteWithReplication[T](String method, String primaryUrl, OperationCredentials primaryCredentials, Int32 currentRequest, Int32 currentReadStripingBase, Func`2 operation)
   at Raven.Client.Connection.ServerClient.ExecuteWithReplication[T](String method, Func`2 operation)
   at Raven.Client.Connection.ServerClient.Query(String index, IndexQuery query, String[] includes, Boolean metadataOnly, Boolean indexEntriesOnly)
   at Raven.Client.Document.AbstractDocumentQuery`2.ExecuteActualQuery()
   at Raven.Client.Document.AbstractDocumentQuery`2.InitSync()
   at Raven.Client.Document.AbstractDocumentQuery`2.get_QueryResult()
   at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryProviderProcessor`1.ExecuteQuery[TProjection]()
   at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryProviderProcessor`1.Execute(Expression expression)
   at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryProvider`1.Execute(Expression expression)
   at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryProvider`1.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression)
   at Raven.Client.Linq.RavenQueryInspector`1.GetEnumerator()
   at Sfs.StorageServices.Raven.SafeQueryable`1.<GetEnumerator>b__2_0()
   at Sfs.ServerHost.Client.NetGuard.Attempt[T](Func`1 func)
   at Sfs.StorageServices.Raven.SafeQueryable`1.GetEnumerator()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at Sfs.Core.Storage.DatabaseQueryableDataSource`2.get_Items()
   at Sfs.Max.Modules.RolloverManager.Common.UI.RolloverPluginViewModelBase.RefreshVisibileReturns()
   at Sfs.Max.Modules.RolloverManager.Common.UI.RolloverPluginViewModelBase.<Refresh>b__28_0()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

1 hour ago, ILLMAS said:

way to fully uninstall 2019 and start from fresh?  ATX uninstall for 2019 leaves many files behind.

I suppose you could delete the folders ATX leaves behind. I use Geek Uninstaller and it scours my computer and registry for bits left behind, to completely rid my computer of software I no longer use.