ATX Community

Atx payroll software, 1099misc efile, can't get receipt confirmation, why?

cl2019

Anyone experienced same issue? I submitted one client's 1099misc forms . It showed connected to EFC successfully on 27th, this Monday. But no receipt acknowledgement so far. I submitted another client's 1099misc forms today. Same problem. I called atx support and was told so long as connection to EFC is successful, I don't need to worry as forms have been successfully sent to IRS BEFORE due date. I want make sure I was told the right thing. Anyone can explain this? If atx explanation is wrong, I will paper file the forms before due date. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, cbslee said:

IRS processing of 1099s thru the old FIRE system is low priority at this time of year.

Don't expect to receive any acks for at least another week.

Thanks for the quick response. When I efiled, I was not asked for FIRE TCC code. It's normal, right?

1 hour ago, cl2019 said:

Anyone experienced same issue? I submitted one client's 1099misc forms . It showed connected to EFC successfully on 27th, this Monday. But no receipt acknowledgement so far. I submitted another client's 1099misc forms today. Same problem. I called atx support and was told so long as connection to EFC is successful, I don't need to worry as forms have been successfully sent to IRS BEFORE due date. I want make sure I was told the right thing. Anyone can explain this? If atx explanation is wrong, I will paper file the forms before due date. Thanks. 

Also, for any trouble shooting it's best to call ATX support, not all forum members are ATX software users.

I have filed several 1099MISC using the IRS fire system. It takes three days at a minimum for the IRS to accept or reject the file. In Drake the file is created for you, I run the test, it passes every time without fail. After three days I received a notice from the fire system, that all is good. It then takes about 10 days for the IRS to release and finalize the file. So, with ATX you may not receive a confirmation of or an ACK until the file is release. As it was stated earlier, contact their tech support to see when the send out the acks for 1099 filing. 

• Like 1