ATX Community

My procrastinator's day

Medlin Software, Dennis

Today is my annual procrastinator's day.  The last day for my customers to, on time, get their end of year and Q4 reporting done.

This year, I have likely sent more 'reminders' than ever before, but the next few hours will have some interesting questions asked.

Someone wants me to walk them though efile signup and setup, today, as their printer is out of toner.  Several want to know how to "back" add S Corp Owner/Employee medical insurance payments to their 2019 payroll.  Another wants to back enter their entire 2019 payroll so they can prepare W2 forms today.

Happily, I was able to have a nice distraction messaging with a customer who was amazed the programmer was helping them.

---

Interestingly, I like the compressed deadline.  It means after today, I can breathe much easier, and eat lunch away from my computer  My wife says my household chores begin again tomorrow!  Kitchen is due for repainting, my office (son's former bedroom) needs to be cleaned up and rearranged as my wife and daughter want to use the closet, etc.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I had to re-print and re-mail two 1099s.  Sent out messages in November and December requesting address changes.  So - of course! - I got two the day before yesterday.  Printed them yesterday and out they went in today's mail.  

The W2 that needed re-printing and re-mailing was over a week ago; only one this year!  Everyone else listened to the address update request, bizarrely enough.

• Like 1

16.30 pacific is coming soon.  Just about 70deg outside, so it will be a nice evening to be outside.  Less than 2 hours until toes up in the hot tub.  The latest interesting message is from someone claiming their "tech person" says something was only partially downloaded because the file can still be seen in their download folder.  "Ding", time to get a new tech "expert".  Of course, the truth is probably something else, but one can only deal with the information given...

• Like 2