ATX Community

DPAD 1099A(g) Form 8995-A

JackieCPA

Hello All! 

I am having a hard time. I have a client with DPAD passed through to them on 1099-PATR. I know that it goes on Form 8995-A line 38. However, should the rest of the QBI information then all be on the 8995-A? Right now, ATX is putting the QBI for the "normal" part of the farm on the simplified 8995, but the DPAD is on the 8995-A. Should it all just be going on the 8995-A? 

4 hours ago, JackieB said:

I'm just going to have to call ATX, I think it is more of a software not doing what it is supposed to be doing problem.

This is an issue that I would not trust the software on.  You have three moving parts here:

-DPAD from the COOP per 199A(g),

-the "patron reduction" per 199A(b)(7),

-and QBID which is reduced by the "patron reduction".

This all came about from a proposed reg in June 2019.   There is an IRS  Q and A ,https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-provision-11011-section-199a-qualified-business-income-deduction-faqs 

I have a few clients that this will apply to and personally will need some more research before I file for those in the coming weeks.