ATX Community

Display Font Bigger?

Tax Prep by Deb

Ok, so this year I got rid of my 17" laptop and went to a 15".  The Personal Client Manager font is so much smaller.  I have tried increasing the font thru Windows (10) but to no avail.  Is there a setting in Drake that I can change to make that screen bigger?  I can hardly even see the boxes to check which forms I want to print.  I can't believe it would be that much smaller even though I stepped down a size.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:18 AM, Tax Prep by Deb said:

Ok, so this year I got rid of my 17" laptop and went to a 15".  The Personal Client Manager font is so much smaller.  I have tried increasing the font thru Windows (10) but to no avail.  Is there a setting in Drake that I can change to make that screen bigger?  I can hardly even see the boxes to check which forms I want to print.  I can't believe it would be that much smaller even though I stepped down a size.

I couldn't find a way from within the Drake program to make the Client Manager text larger, but I can do this by adjusting the Windows setting for scale.  It will, however, make all of your icons and fonts larger, and you may not like that.  It's easy enough to go back if you decide that a change in this setting isn't to your liking.

An easy way to find this is while on the main Windows desktop, right click in a blank space that will bring up a popup box, and then click on "Display Settings" there. That will launch a page where display adjustments are made.  The option you are looking for to change is under "Scale and Layout" that is probably set to 100% (recommended). If you adjust that to a higher percentage, your Client Manager within Drake should appear larger.  It will also enlarge your desktop icons and text within other apps.  You'll have to try this to see if it is bothersome in other programs. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Terry D said:

Catherine is correct. Here is a screen shot and hope this helps. Go to setup and options and click on data entry. Check the box by magnify data entry.

That selection within Drake won't increase the size of the Client Manager that Deb is asking about, but it may help with choose forms to print in the print/view mode though.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

What about the "REPORT VIEWER"?  After transmission the MEF ACK Report comes up and it is so super tiny I cannot read it AT ALL.  I have to PRINT AS PDF then open in PDF Viewer just to read the dang thing.  Called Drake Support and they were of no help.  There is a menu (PRINT, EXPORT, 1st, Prev, Next, Last) then a dropdown to change the FONT SIZE, but it's greyed out at 8 FONT.  If I could just click this and make it larger?????  Why is it greyed out and how can I change this report viewer so I can actually READ IT??????  Thanks!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bmendez1025 said:

What about the "REPORT VIEWER"?  After transmission the MEF ACK Report comes up and it is so super tiny I cannot read it AT ALL.  I have to PRINT AS PDF then open in PDF Viewer just to read the dang thing.  Called Drake Support and they were of no help.  There is a menu (PRINT, EXPORT, 1st, Prev, Next, Last) then a dropdown to change the FONT SIZE, but it's greyed out at 8 FONT.  If I could just click this and make it larger?????  Why is it greyed out and how can I change this report viewer so I can actually READ IT??????  Thanks!

The only way would be to adjust the scale as I described in this topic with my post of Feb 5th above.  It will make everything on your desktop and in all of your apps larger though.

• Like 1