ATX Community

Printing problem...again

Janitor Bob

Every 2nd or 3rd return I print stops printing after the Filing copy with an error. I then need to close the program and reopen..then it prints fine for a few more return, then problem repeats....like some kind of memory overload....irritating as it really hampers productivity...anyone else experiencing this?

This has been an ongoing problem ever since the program was rewritten about 8 years ago.

During the printing process the printer cache gradually fills up with garbage until the program crashes or stops printing.

The only fix is to exit the program and clear the printer cache or rebooting your computer which also clears the printer cache.

• Like 1

ATX has blamed the software that comes with your printer, so if you installed any software with your printer, uninstall. It's totally unnecessary.

We mostly print to PDF so I've never personally experienced this, but I've seen slow printing when the memory use gets highers, so, yes, I close ATX and reopen then immediately print.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cpabsd said:

I have a new computer and this year am having major issues with this.  It's killing productivity when I have to restart every couple hours.  Any suggestions as to how to correct? Haven't had much success with support actually solving the issue.  

Bonie

What are the specs of your "new computer"?