ATX Community

help with nj efile

dsheth82

Hello,

I have return for the client who current is IL resident, but was resident of NJ in 2007. While doing his return, i have a current IL address under data tab of NJ1040. I did not enter county & municipality code. Now, it giving me an error saying "Enter county/municipality code" when i try create an e-file.

question?

do i need to enter county & municipality code? And if yes, then what should i enter... NJ's or IL's?

Hello,

I have return for the client who current is IL resident, but was resident of NJ in 2007. While doing his return, i have a current IL address under data tab of NJ1040. I did not enter county & municipality code. Now, it giving me an error saying "Enter county/municipality code" when i try create an e-file.

question?

do i need to enter county & municipality code? And if yes, then what should i enter... NJ's or IL's?

If he was a NJ resident in 2007, yes.

but the current address on the data sheet is of IL, would that be ok?

Illinois is not asking for this information, New Jersey is. If he lived the entire year in New Jersey, then he needs that information to complete the New Jersey form. Find out where your client lived in New Jersey, and enter that information on the New Jersey tax form.