ATX Community

can't figure out fillable file error

smh

Here is the error code.  The 'error search website' fails to explain this; I get a 404 page instead.  I guess the error looks like I put in the wrong value for last year's federal AGI, but I *triple-checked* it against my filed form from last year, and it's right.  any thoughts?

Issue      : Business Rule X0000-005 - The XML data has failed schema validation. cvc-complex-type.2.4.a.  Invalid content was found starting with element 'PriorYearEarnedIncomeAmt'. One of '{"http://www.irs.gov/efile":PriorYearEarnedIncomeCd}' is expected.

The following information may help you determine the form at issue:
Field/Xpath: /efile:Return[1]/efile:ReturnData[1]/efile:IRS1040[1]/efile:PYEarnedIncmAdditonalChldTxGrp[1]/efile:PriorYearEarnedIncomeAmt[1]

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting this same error.  Did you figure it out?

Field/Xpath: /efile:Return[1]/efile:ReturnData[1]/efile:IRS1040[1]/efile:PYEarnedIncmAdditonalChldTxGrp[1]/efile:PriorYearEarnedIncomeAmt[1]

Checked prior year AGI a couple of times.  It's correct.  Also went as far to update Form 2441 and Form 8812 as I saw my spouses earned income may have been incorrect with some 1099-misc income with a self employment deduction.  Those corrections did not fix the problem.

• 3 months later...

I resolved issue to the same error message.  Check line 18 a on 1040.  For some reason PYEI was on my 1040 submission.  Eliminate PYEI got rid of this error for me.  Good 

LUCK!

Business Rule X0000-005 - The XML data has failed schema validation. cvc-complex-type.2.4.b.  The content of element 'PYEarnedIncmEICGrp' is not complete. One of '{"http://www.irs.gov/efile":PriorYearEarnedIncomeAmt}' is expected.

Field/Xpath: /efile:Return[1]/efile:ReturnData[1]/efile:IRS1040[1]/efile:PYEarnedIncmEICGrp[1]/efile:PriorYearEarnedIncomeCd[1]