ATX Community

1120S Return Fee?

G2R

What your starting fee for an 1120S?  Do you based it off number of shareholders?  

What about starting fee for Federal, State and City Corporate returns?  (For many, I'm sure city is nonexistent, but I'm in the NYC area so I'm askiing.)

I think I'm GROSSLY undercharging.... 

For those I try to charge based upon my time involved. I have an 1120S which is literally 2 numbers entered, takes me <10 minutes so I charge $175 which is my minimum. I'm fine with the fee but I know everyone else would likely charge $250 or more. 

We find these sometimes more complex than C-corp returns, because of basis tracking and multiple shareholders plus their health insurance (frequently done wrong).  For a new client, $1200 minimum.  We will discount from there if need be - sometimes very heavily - but always show the full price on the bill, then the discount.  If we are doing the personal returns we discount (package pricing).  If their accounting is ready to go (reports ready to use as-is, maybe tease out shareholder health insurance from employee, and of course add in depreciation) that also gets people an excellent discount.  If we get a train-wreck, then they pay bookkeeping fees for QB repair on top of that return fee.

• Like 3