ATX Community

The, you know......virus

BLACK BART

There is now a website that was developed by a 17-year-old Seattle man that is being used as a central hub that updates every minute and pulls info from WHO, CDC and others. It's all in one place with global and by-country data, and also includes information on those that have recovered.  He will also be adding information on vaccines that are being developed.  He is working on having the site presented in other languages too.

This link is to an interview with this talented young man:  https://www.democracynow.org/2020/3/13/meet_the_17_year_old_behind?fbclid=IwAR3HO2a5Bo2U1SnOCB2Ps-OmvpDFAucjLQ-hag2Ix_HBaXZ4Qlg8xWintVE

This is the link to the tracking site itself: https://ncov2019.live/data

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2020 at 10:15 PM, Abby Normal said:

I would've bet a thousand dollars that this was a whack job hawking questionable products and I would've won that bet. If you want 'real info, listen to Gaslit Nation.

He sells stuff to fund his site; it's at the beginning because at the end people skip it.  Can't fault him for that, even if I generally don't like anything he tries to sell.  His reporting, however, is excellent.  

Back from self imposed hibernation.  Thanks to all for the kind words.  Starting to wrap my head around the new/proposed payroll changes.  Talking with friends, anyone who can claim exposure at work, WC seems the best bet.  Non work exposure, DI (if available).  Any new sick leave seems to be too late, as employers are not able to carry employees to get to that point, and are not willing to invest scarce resources in dealing with compliance.  That leaves UI for the rest, which is what I was hoping would get boosted during the current crisis.

I am hoping we need just a couple more weeks to smooth out "the curve", as it is clear the medical field is RAPIDLY catching up with testing, and has began several treatment trials with early signs of non-negative results.