ATX Community

Clients who scan or photograph their records...

Abby Normal

I'm still recommending the free version of Genius Scan because its PDFs are always clearer (and smaller) than 'raw' JPGs from phones.  Today again I had to ask someone to retake photos of a couple of their docs because the differences between 5, 6, 8 were indiscernible.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TaxCPANY said:

Genius Scan

Nice! Thanks for that, TaxCPANY! I'll be using this for taking pics of receipts for my own business. That is when the restaurants reopen. Governor ordered all bars and restaurants closed until further notice today. St Patrick's Day would likely have been infamous otherwise.

• Like 1

How about the photos that are sideways?  Or the ones where the font is so small it should be illegal.  I HATE when clients send photos.  They get an abrupt request for a legible document and put in the back of the queue.  On a related note, how about the phone messages where the person leaves their number so fast that you can't digest it or write that fast.  If I can't get it after listening three times, I do not attempt to call back. (Our billion dollar phone system does not show caller ID within messages.  They're in the history but cumbersome to track down.  If someone can't leave a clear call back number, they do not get a call.)

• Like 5

Nuance (aka Visioneer) PaperPort often overcomes the shortcomings of every kind of graphic format I get from clients except those out-of-focus cellphone JPGs, come to think of it.  From simply rotating pages to auto-de-speckling to intensive, manual cleanup with its 'ImageViewer", I've used PaperPort for so long I take it for granted.  (And MS Paint still is tops for shrinking/re-sizing graphics files.)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GLJEANNE said:

to print out correctly.

We don't print, we convert to Pdf with a right click installed by Nuance. I can take 10 pics, select them all, right click and choose combine as one pdf. Then it gives me a chance to rearrange them if I need to. I usually rotate and crop them in my Pdf editor, Nuance.

FYI Nuance is now Kofax.

• Like 2