ATX Community

ATX Extended Deadlines Issues - Fixes, Updates, Client Instructions?

ETax847

On 3/20/2020 at 1:19 PM, cbslee said:

I believe Drake made the changes yesterday.

Either I am missing an update or Drake hasn't made the changes yet. I have auto-update on and my last program updates for the Federal were on the 19th for other unrelated changes for the 1040, an undescribed general program update, and shared tools.

The summary and comprehensive results letters are still showing original due dates as are the estimate vouchers and their related instructions.  

2 hours ago, jklcpa said:

Either I am missing an update or Drake hasn't made the changes yet. I have auto-update on and my last program updates for the Federal were on the 19th for other unrelated changes for the 1040, an undescribed general program update, and shared tools.

The summary and comprehensive results letters are still showing original due dates as are the estimate vouchers and their related instructions.  

No changes in my Drake.

4 hours ago, Yardley CPA said:

Just wondering if your Drake accepts the new date?

It had not been changed as of last night. 

I have returns that could be ready that I'll be mailing to clients.  If the instruction letters aren't updated soon, I'll correct the date on the letter by hand and highlight it. 

• Like 1

I'm assuming it will take ATX a while to make the change.  I've been holding some returns, but mostly telling folks to just pay by check or go online and do it themselves.  I was behind before all this virus crap got bad, I want to get these returns out of here!!

• Like 3

I am using the 7/15 date that will show up on the letter and sending out the returns.  Hopefully when the I receive the authorizations I will have the update and be able to e file with that date.

Also we have the states to deal with, and I thought not touching my face was something to remember to do.

• Like 2

I know that you can go to the Record page of the Estimated Tax Form and override the payment due dates, in ATX, and those are carried over to the forms and letter. Are changing the first due date to July 15th and leaving the second due date at June 15th so that the second payment is due before the first???, or are you changing the first date to June and the second to July?

Maybe the government will clear this up in the near future.