ATX Community

Verifyle Users - Please Help!

gfizer

I’ve set up a verifyle account to use in the midst of all this, including the ability to do digital signatures.  I sent my first 8879 to a couple today and she says it’s only set up for her signature (I used her email as the contact) and she can’t figure out how to set it up for his signature too.  Anyone know how I make this work?

I got this from a tech:

Currently the name of the user's account pre-populates the name in their signature.  We are working on letting people more easily change their signatures, but for today, if the signer needs to change the signature they must:

1) Log in

2) Click their name in the top right and select "Account Settings"

3) Edit their name to what they want their signature to say

4) Delete their signature (this is also in Account Settings)

5) Re-save their signature

You cannot do this for him.  Even if you change the name you have for him in your contact information, it will have no effect on either his account name or his signature.

Yes, there is a choice of font.  People generally want the Handwriting font for their signature.  We are also working on updating the fonts so people have better choices.

By the way, you can test all of this with your own signature on your Account Settings page.

Another option is to just share the document, have them Preview it, click the purple button, and add their signatures using the free annotation tool.  I have tried this and it works but clunky to explain to clients.

I don't use Verifyle, but read a work-around on another site. Send to one spouse who returns it to you. Then send that signed document to the other spouse to sign and return.

Don't forget to log in your verification method details to be saved with the document.

The problem with the method you describe is that the signature that comes up is the one on the 'account' or email name which does work but it has to be sent twice.  I have been separating the signature page(s) from the client copy of the return to send only once.  I have discovered that if you list the client as Joe or Susie, that is the name that comes up not the legal name Joseph or Susan.  I didn't know that when I set up the clients and, unfortunately, it cannot be changed by deleting the account and re-entering.  Once an email address has been used, it is always there.  The tech said they are working on better work arounds.

It's still been a (potential) life saver for some clients now and at $9 per month (less than the membership dues to get it free), cheap at the cost.  I am loving it!