ATX Community

Federal Client Letter

Yardley CPA

When I prepare a clients return, I click the "Client letter to display "will be efiled"" box and provide them with a copy of the return to review.  Checking this box instructs the client to print and sign the 8879 and return it to me. 

Once the signed 8879 returned, I then click the "Allow program to decide" box.  Save the return, create the efile and  transmit.  Once the returns are accepted and when I go to print the clients file copy, I note that the Federal Client Letter continues to show the same verbiage as though the 8879's are still needed instead of reflecting that the return was successfully efiled?   

Shouldn't the program be intuitive enough to determine the return was efiled successfully and print that on the letter? 

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

image.png.68451f56a7baa70597e0ed1aa85ed5c9.png

First, I think you care too much what the letter says. Like grandmabee, we print the letter, returns and efile forms before the client comes in to sign.

Secondly, ATX has never been good at deciding. You see that 'paper filed' box? ATX added that after I bitched that it was too much trouble to get the paper filed letters to magically appear. So, if you want to say has been efiled, just check that box.

• Like 1