Jump to content
ATX Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tracy Lee

Domestic Partner

Recommended Posts

I'm filing a return for a new client that has a part year in Oregon and California.  I have to file a Form 8958 and claim both peoples incomes for California because it is a community property state, even though one of them has to file a separate federal tax return.  Is there a simple way to do this in ATX or do I have to file one Federal Return for the wage earner and 2 separate California returns for the domestic partners claiming each others incomes?  (frustrating because one partner only has social security that will be claimed while the other has W2 income.)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...