ATX Community

MA Trust

Lion EA

11 hours ago, Lion EA said:

Are the deadlines for filing and for paying for a MA trust Form 2 still 15 April or postponed to 15 July or something else entirely? And, 1Q and 2Q ES payments for that MA trust?

We are treating them as due April 15th. 

Q1 pmts due 7/15

Q2 pmts due 6/15.

Thanx, Catherine. I'm working on the MA trust now, because I found nothing specifically postponing that deadline. Trustee will probably pay in April, also. (Otherwise, brother seems to get his hands on the money! He changed addresses for some statements last year.)

Due 15 April -- filing and balance due. But, Q1 payment due 15 July and Q2 15 June. Right? I'll let the trustee know.

I spent Thursday afternoon looking up various deadlines in 13 different states and was missing MA trust and CT S-corp pass-through ES. Then, I have at least three CT trusts left, but CT did move their 1041 deadlines along with their 1040. And, back to personal returns.

• Like 1

Yes, the oddball payments where Q2 is due before Q1.  Your government at play!   Actually, they're doing a good job trying to keep on top, when the ground is shifting daily and emphasis is on personal 'cuz that's who is visible.  Businesses are on skeleton crews, or shut, so they're not fussing very much at the moment.  Good luck with your trusts.  Wrestling with three myself, that are interlocked (marital and survivor share and whatever the other one is) and sold jointly-held assets in 2019.  I was cross-eyed before lunch!