ATX Community

Due diligence out the window

ILLMAS

Let’s say a person is disorganized and cannot find certain documents to claim the child tax credit, would a statement like this (TP was not able to obtain certain documents because his children school and public health administration office is not fully operational during the COVID-19 pandemic) be a valid point at this moment?

Thanks

I have clients sign statements too and a page from Drake's program with notes I've entered that has signature lines.

The statements I use were shared here last year by our member, Ringers, and I slightly modified them mostly for my own formatting.  If anyone wants them, here they are in Word that should allow for your own modifications. Let me know if there's something wrong in them. 

2019 Cert-Child Credit or Other Dep Credit.docx

2019 Cert-Amer Opportunity Credit.docx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, cbslee said:

You also have the option of documenting your verbal inquiries and your clients answers.

Yes! That's exactly what I enter in Drake's program using screen DD2, and I do have it entered as Q&A.  The program will print a page that has signature boxes at the bottom.

• Like 3