ATX Community

NT - I confess

schirallicpa

to all my ATX brothers and sisters.

Every since the filing date got moved to July 15th, I have been in vacation mode.  Nobody's bringing stuff in, or wanting stuff done, but I do have a ton of work still to do.  But I'm so unmotivated.  

And now every body and their brother is asking about the CARE laws - nooooo - I haven't studied it yet.  It's too early for CPE.......

I just want to stay in bed with the rest of my lazy family.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Here's a good place to start with a ton of info.  (There are so much on the internet now, it can be quite overwhelming.  

https://www.sbc.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/2/9/29fc1ae7-879a-4de0-97d5-ab0a0cb558c8/1BC9E5AB74965E686FC6EBC019EC358F.the-small-business-owner-s-guide-to-the-cares-act-final-.pdf

The Covid-19 forum has a lot of great info already!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also have slowed down. When I complete a return but am waiting on information or even just signatures, I don't start the next return immediately. I'm still working late, because I get more done after hubby stops coming in my office as if I'm home from school or something! But, I'm sleeping a lot later in the morning. Partly by design, to take better care of myself (73 and type 2 diabetic with a husband 69 and type 2 diabetic and asthmatic) and partly because I've been hitting the alarm and going back to sleep.

Of course, I'm reading everything about the new Acts and have attended about six webinars so far and have a couple on-demand that I haven't watched yet and am getting lots of phone calls and working with my church's finance committee about what program(s) would work for us. The calls have been for February 2019 through January 2020 income, payroll, rent, utilities, etc. Come on guys, it's only one month, please make the qualifying income and expenses 2019 calendar year!

I have about a dozen complex returns here and some other clients I know will drop off and a few who always wait on K-1s or such that have already asked for extensions to 15 October. I also have some 1Q ES payments to recalculate for clients who've called with much lower 2020 income; a couple of those (CT-1065/CT-1120SI ES) are still due 15 April.

I have all the work I could want. But, I'm not doing all the work at my usual speed.

• Like 3