ATX Community

ATX Renewal Notice Arrived Today

ETax847

• 2 weeks later...

On April 14 I received an email offering 15% off if renewing by June 1.  So the discount is pretty close to the processing fee so I will renew by then.  I have maybe two more seasons left before calling it and am loath to change when I have been using this since 1999 and the original since 1996.  I have downgraded from MAX as I no longer do business returns.  It is annoying to be limited to just 3 states then $30 for each additional when I have 4 clients, one in each of the other states.  I can't really have a surcharge for just those folks after all the years of no extra charge with MAX.  So I just sigh and eat it.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:59 AM, Margaret CPA in OH said:

Hmm, how did you lock in?  I have never been offered or known of that option.

I was offered to lock in for 3 years at same price as 2019.  I can't remember how much extra that cost me.  I am going to try to find that out.

I paid 1448.64 for 2019 MAX.  Today I received the renewal offer with the 15% discount for 1451.64  which then my "lock in" saved me 3.00  which I paid more than that to get the lock in.  But maybe the next 2 year it will help me.  Also the 15% might be because of the virus going on.  I thought it was usually only 10% discount.

It is usually just 10% and I think the extra is for the virus issue.  I suspect they want to lock in as many users as possible and may need more money sooner to keep staff paid.  It is worth it to me.

I suspect the lock in may be for MAX which I used for many years until I transitioned out all the business clients.  When the other CPA who worked for me retired, I decided I didn't want to continue payroll or monthly statements or bookkeeping.  My life is much simpler now and 1040's only is nice.  The last 1065 left this year.  It does rankle that I have to pay $30 for each extra state, though, after 3.  I have clients in many states and am on the border with two already.  Oh well, just 3 more years, maybe...

• Confused 1

This AM, I locked in for the waiver of a $49 deferral.  I had to pay the tax and handling today.  Will pay the balance on Dec 1.  I just like to get it over with and they have been bombarding me with emails.  This AM, I got a call.  I'm with Margaret; maybe 2 more years, cutting back gradually.  I had zero issues with the program this year.  I am just so far behind with the lockdown and the money isn't flowing like it normally would be.  Also, am unable to have any help in the office.  Stay healthy, everyone

• Like 3

As noted in an earlier post I got my renewal by mail. In checking the price I find it is what it was last year. I renewed in May last year and may have locked the price in. I am usually so pooped by then I likely signed on and do not remember it but not paying more suits me just fine. This area is not flush with upper income folks to say the least and each year presents a problem in replacing old clients who go to the happy hunting ground. I am not too far from hanging it up but I so enjoy the work and interacting with most of those I serve. Although as cb noted I have some "interesting" clients. 😄 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After checking my invoice I see I did in fact receive the 15% discount they are offering. I suspect WK is becoming aware of the lower priced competition which seems to be now showing up which could better suite a small operation like mine. I expect to reup but will look over the newer software I am seeing being offered as the free file revolution is slowly taking it's toll.

• Like 2