ATX Community

PPP forgiveness reduced by EIDL Grant

DANRVAN

The decrease in PPP forgiveness by the amount of the EIDL Grant, heard about it but could not find it in the CARES ACT.

It is not mentioned in sec 1106 titled "Loan Forgiveness" as  I would expect.

Instead it is buried deep in the bowels of sec 1110 "Emergency EIDL Grants.

sec 1110 (e) (6) UNEMPLOYMENT GRANT.—If an applicant  that receives an advance under this subsection transfers into, or is approved for, the loan program under section 7(a) of the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 20 636(a)), the advance amount shall be reduced from  the loan forgiveness amount for a loan for payroll  costs made under such section 7(a).

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still trying to decipher this, especially in light of what happened to me.  I received a $2,000 "Advance EIDL" a couple of weeks ago.  Thereafter I applied for a PPP, and on the PPP application I reported that I had already received the $2,000 Advance EIDL.  I expected the PPP to be a flat 2.5 times my average monthly payroll for 2019.  But what I actually received was the 2.5 times my average payroll PLUS $2,000.  

Some of my clients have received their PPP now, and each of them received the exact amount of 2.5 times their average monthly payroll for 2019.  Each of them had previously received their Advance EIDL.   I'm the only person so far to have received the PPP in this fashion, and none of my clients do business with the bank I received my PPP from, thus I have no standard of comparison.  So either my bank is doing it correctly and everyone else's bank is wrong, or..