ATX Community

941 1st Qtr

Randall

I see ATX Payroll doesn't have the 2020 941 form.  Is this because of the credit for the virus situation?  I see on the IRS website, wages March 13-31 apply toward the credit but will not be reported for credit purposes until the 2nd quarter Form 941.  I assume ATX has pulled the 2020 941 until they get it changed.  Anyone else know anymore on this?

29 minutes ago, Randall said:

I see ATX Payroll doesn't have the 2020 941 form.  Is this because of the credit for the virus situation?  I see on the IRS website, wages March 13-31 apply toward the credit but will not be reported for credit purposes until the 2nd quarter Form 941.  I assume ATX has pulled the 2020 941 until they get it changed.  Anyone else know anymore on this?

Hmmm, I was able to get a 2020 first quarter 941.   But that was 2 weeks ago.

Tom
Modesto, cA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michaelmars said:

anyone know if the due date for the 1st quarter has been extended?  Don't know how we can file these with all the clients shut down.

Not that I've seen and have been holding off to see if these are going to be extended too.

4 hours ago, cbslee said:

I think, we're in the twilight zone now🙄

Sorry for the edit, cbslee.  The person you quoted responded to something other than was asked or something like that, and I was asked to hide those responses. In doing that, the post wouldn't have made sense to leave in where you quoted that person in your post above, so sorry if that caused some consternation. I did the best I could with the cleanup and still keep the correct answers intact. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, michaelmars said:

ok, so our clients are all closed, can't get bank records to do write-ups, clients have no access to their offices, yet we have to file 941's.   Typical irs stupidity.

Your clients have never heard of online banking and downloading bank statements? And how is payroll being done? Sorry, but we're functioning quite well here, due to using modern technologies for the past two decades, at least.

• Like 1

great for you but little mom and pop shops don't have scanners and the way you are doing it, if you only depend on bank statements, doesn't give you the records for checks not cleared, nor does it give you gross pay and withholding.  Technology is great but sometimes you need to actually see other records.  one of my clients has 30 employees paid hourly, how does having access to bank records alone help me?

and you ask how payroll is being done? well payroll was done  before the lock down but the records are not available.  I am in Nassau county where the fire marshal has sealed buildings that has alot of positive covid people.  that means no access to there records or computers.

Based on what you are saying then the 4/15 deadline for 1040's didn't need to be extended since everyone could have sent you there info electronically.  So i assume you don't have more extensions than last year.

Yes, I suppose I am fortunate, I only have one small write up/payroll client, a bicycle store who is is closed by executive order,

and a small auto repair shop/payroll client who is closed by choice.

The rest of my clients are functioning normally or fairly well under partial restrictions.