ATX Community

Stimulus Payments Already Causing Problems

Cathy

Well, my neighbor called as everyone in her office received their $1200 stimulus payment today and are "in their accounts ready to be spent".....all except my neighbor.  She has been married for years and passed the income test with no problems of getting even close to going over the $150,000 limit.  She got on the IRS website and got the information  (from a  computerized program) that IRS needed to find out more information on the 2019 return.....which by the way had been filed already 3 weeks ago as evidenced by IRS DEDUCTING THE $27 PAYMENT FROM HER CHECKING ACCOUNT TODAY.  THIS PAYMENT WAS NOT DUE UNTIL 7-15-20 AS IT WAS A BALANCE DUE FROM THE 2019 RETURN.

So, the moral of the story.....get ready for the phone to start ringing.

• Like 2

The balance wasn't due until 7/15, but was that the actual date entered as the scheduled date for the withdrawal?  Did you prepare her return, or did she do this herself, possibly before the dates had been extended?

The reason I ask is that I received an email reminder yesterday that it was the final day to reschedule any payments that had originally be set for 4/15.

• Like 1

How about this? People who went to HR block in 2018 and got an Emerald card maybe got their stimulus check deposited to that card. I wonder if HR keeps those accounts active and I also wonder if users trashed those card after taking out their money last year.

How about clients that went to HR this year and got those cards?

10 minutes ago, Pacun said:

How about this? People who went to HR block in 2018 and got an Emerald card maybe got their stimulus check deposited to that card. I wonder if HR keeps those accounts active and I also wonder if users trashed those card after taking out their money last year.

How about clients that went to HR this year and got those cards?

Not that any member on this site should care, H&R answered that on their site today with this page saying that some will get it that way:

Will I get my stimulus check on my Emerald Card?

If you received your refund on your Emerald Card in the past, you might wonder if that’s where your stimulus check will be sent.

The IRS is directing how stimulus payments will be paid, and they have indicated to us that some will be deposited on to an Emerald Card. However, we are still waiting for answers from the IRS regarding the majority of Emerald Card holders. The IRS has launched it’s Get My Payment site, where you can view when and how your payment is being sent to you.