ATX Community

IRS site for "Get my payment"

JackieCPA

Does anyone know any thing about this? A client of mine had a refund on the return that was applied to 2020 - she is trying to enter her banking information on the "Get my payment" on the IRS site and it wants her to enter her refund or amount due. If she puts the refund amount it says that it is wrong, if she puts zero it kicks her off the site. 

Any thoughts? 

Personally, i paid taxes in 2018 and used my own account to pay them rather than our joint account.  This year, I only filed last week and changed to bank information to our joint account since we were due a refund.  I wanted to check which account, if any, the IRS was using.  I can't even get as far as the refund amount because they can't verify I am eligible.  I don't have anywhere close to $150,000 income on either return. 

I also tried for a taxpayer who had 0 tax due or refund because he was a farmer with a whopping big NOL last year.  Apparently negative incomes are not allowed, and I can't check or change his either. 

Not a perfect site, but all we have for now. 

I was just told by a client that she was checking on the status of her IRS stimulus check and got a message that said that the tax return info she entered does not match their records.  She asked me to check the status, which I did, and now I see that the return was accepted but there's an "alert" code IND-162.  It's the only one of my returns with this code. Her last name is 12 letters, but first name is only 4.  The return appears to have been accepted, but I wonder if this is messing with her stimulus check.

If you filed for 2019 recently, your info isn't uploaded yet. SS/RR only isn't uploaded yet. Probably only 2018 return info is completely uploaded. Don't know how much of 2019 -- February filers? March filers? The trends I'm seeing on multiple message boards suggest not April filers, yet. People who use the site to file a simple return or enter banking info -- heard that info gets uploaded after IRS processes, no time frame on processing time. They update only once/day, so no need to check again today!

1 hour ago, Gail in Virginia said:

Personally, i paid taxes in 2018 and used my own account to pay them rather than our joint account.  This year, I only filed last week and changed to bank information to our joint account since we were due a refund.  I wanted to check which account, if any, the IRS was using.  I can't even get as far as the refund amount because they can't verify I am eligible.  I don't have anywhere close to $150,000 income on either return. 

I also tried for a taxpayer who had 0 tax due or refund because he was a farmer with a whopping big NOL last year.  Apparently negative incomes are not allowed, and I can't check or change his either. 

Not a perfect site, but all we have for now. 

Gail, based on everything they've said, it SHOULD go to your joint account.  But they won't have your 2019 processed yet, so they won't be able to verify you for a few more days.

I don't think they've uploaded all the 2018 information yet from what I've been seeing from professional organizations today. And, certainly not 2018 just filed in 2020. They sent out 50 million DDs only a week after the law was signed. Give them some time. And, stop overwhelming the system with sample requests. 

The IRS has launched more information regarding these scenarios. For me personally, and some of my other clients, we get the response that they cannot verify our information or eligibility for the stimulus check. Each one that I have been trying to look at, including me, paid a balance due via direct draft. The IRS will NOT use that bank information and does not give the option on the Get My Payment button to enter or change bank account information. Also, to add, neither I nor these other clients have filed their 2019 tax returns. They were set to be extended and were not due to the IRS extending the filing and pay dead line. The response is those like me will have to wait for a check in the mail. Unless, I get the 2019 return(s) filed quickly.

12 hours ago, Terry D said:

The IRS has launched more information regarding these scenarios. For me personally, and some of my other clients, we get the response that they cannot verify our information or eligibility for the stimulus check. Each one that I have been trying to look at, including me, paid a balance due via direct draft. The IRS will NOT use that bank information and does not give the option on the Get My Payment button to enter or change bank account information. Also, to add, neither I nor these other clients have filed their 2019 tax returns. They were set to be extended and were not due to the IRS extending the filing and pay dead line. The response is those like me will have to wait for a check in the mail. Unless, I get the 2019 return(s) filed quickly.

I don't know that it will do you any good to hurry up and file.  I had the same scenario of balance due in 2018, so I filed my 2019 return 4/8 to try to get bank info in before stimulus check.  But I am getting the same message you are getting if I check on my stimulus payment to make sure bank info went in.  I am thinking maybe I will get my check in October?