ATX Community

STIMULUS (If it wasn't for the virus, I'd be looking for my passport to get the hell outta here.)

BLACK BART

P. S.  

As long as I'm on the subject, anybody happen to know if T/P had no refund for '18 or '19 and and paid with a direct debit or a check - will they still have to fill out GET MY PAYMENT at irs.gov ? (By the way, that site was down for a while yesterday but was back up a while ago).

2 hours ago, BLACK BART said:

P. S.  

As long as I'm on the subject, anybody happen to know if T/P had no refund for '18 or '19 and and paid with a direct debit or a check - will they still have to fill out GET MY PAYMENT at irs.gov ? (By the way, that site was down for a while yesterday but was back up a while ago).

Per the FAQ section on the IRS website they will not use the bank account info if payment of 2018 or 2019 tax  was made via direct debit.  Those clients will have to use the IRS Get My Payment tool to input their bank info

AND NOW THEY ARE AUTOMATICALLY GIVING IT TO VETS - ABOUT TIME!!

and the soc sec not getting theirs yet -

thank goodness I have access to my moms - so I can tell them to be patient! and when she gets hers I will know to tell them they will get theirs or out of luck!

I am "glad" to hear I am not the only one getting these calls!!

But we have been checking online and inputting bank accounts in for them that have been getting mail checks or owed...

• Like 1

I'm getting these calls too - thank goodness many of them have already received.

This is an elementary question which has probably been addressed somewhere in the hundreds of posts on this subject:

Under what circumstance can a non-filer qualify if they have been claimed as a dependent? 

If qualified to be claimed as a dependent, the dependent does NOT qualify. The parent would qualify for the extra $500 for their dependent under 17.

That said, I've heard of dependents receiving $1,200, but don't know any personally. They could've used the non-filers portal to file an EIP return claiming themselves.

So many emails on this....  And a lot of SE folks all in the same boat - any refunds would have been applied to estimated, so not sure if they should be using zero or the original over payment amount.  Haven't gotten that far myself yet, I still get the message we-don't-know message (can't remember offhand what it actually says), so my return that was e-filed on the 2nd might still be getting processed.  Since there's nothing odd about my return that would slow it down, I'm telling people that if they filed in April, it will probably take awhile.