ATX Community

ATX - new for 2020

grandmabee

Yep, CCH's eSign. I've been using it with ProSystem fx for a couple years now. NY, however, will not accept electronic signatures. They have generously said they will accept electronic signatures through this May due to the pandemic. I hope they continue.

1 hour ago, Lion EA said:

Yep, CCH's eSign. I've been using it with ProSystem fx for a couple years now. NY, however, will not accept electronic signatures. They have generously said they will accept electronic signatures through this May due to the pandemic. I hope they continue.

Do you pay extra for it or is it included in your software package?   

I wonder if ATX will run it like the Fixed Asset module - extra cost to add it on?

Tom
Modesto, CA

It's not a part of my ProSystem fx. (Don't know about Axcess.) And, there may be other ways to package/buy it. I get the license free and pay a fee for verified signatures and a lesser fee for unverified signatures, invoiced monthly. I've only used it for verified. Because I wasn't using it for my NY commuters, I didn't have many I needed. As luck would have it, I'm working on a NY resident's return right now -- but, she's elderly and forgetful and has no computer/tablet/smart phone at all, so I won't be trying it out on her!

The accompanying quote, and I saw this somewhere else, says, "Per return fee,......; E-signature fee - $4.00 / envelope (current year, 1040 only"  Now this was on my quote which was for ATX 1040 Package so MAX or others may be different.  I take it to mean $4 each but have no idea what is meant by / envelope.  In any event, now that I have and use Verifyle for uploading and downloading documents as well as IRS approved e-signatures, I think this is superfluous for me and the idea of $4 each - not a good deal, in my opinion.  Too bad there isn't or doesn't seem to be a good explanation on the website.

• Like 1