ATX Community

EIP

Christian

A now divorced client is doing back flips over not getting her stimulus payment. Her former husband filed his 2019 some months back as a single man the divorce being final in January 2019. She of course has not filed and is trying to get the payment based on her 2018 married filing status. I told her to file her 2019 return as head of household (two dependents) but as usual she hems and haws. I do not know what the rules are but I am wondering if she refuses to file the 2019 to correctly report her changed filing status and since he has long filed his return if they will pay her based on the 2018 return. Do any of have any insight into this as I clearly do not.

Very true cb. My instructor in the H & R Block class I took many moons ago made the following statement. As best I can recall it went like this " Now that you have completed our course any of you who would like to work with us this coming tax season please let us know. I can guarantee that if you do you will find the biggest can of worms you have ever been involved with in your life." No words I have EVER heard rang so true. 😄

• Like 2