ATX Community

HEROES Act

The "next" proposed aid bill is out.  1800+ pages IIRC.  Of course, it is from one party, so it could be a dud, or more likely, will be negotiated to "something".

More stimulus payments.  24 weeks for PPP expenses.  Extra $13 per hour for essential workers.  10k in student loan forgiveness.  But wait, there's more!  (many more items, my eyes are getting fuzzy).

These are the first 4 which would effect me in one form or another.

Another I think I caught was the PPP funds "returned" would be reserved for applicants with less than 10 employees.

• Like 2

Hard to grasp.  One thing for certain, we all will pay in many forms.  Thus, we all have a duty to ask for, accept, and use all possible aid we have access to, business and personal.

The philosophical aspect in interesting to discuss.  There is no free money.  It all has to come from us.  If we have access to funds we do not partake in, we pay at least twice.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Randall said:

Unbelievable.  Another $3t of debt.

At this point, it's just another drop in the bucket. I gave up on debt when, after the budget was close to being balanced around 2000, they passed, not one, but two big tax cuts, started two wars and passed an a giant unfunded prescription plan, which blew a ginormous hole in the budget, because math. Then the banks blew up the world financial markets! Ah, good times!🤪

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

At this point, it's just another drop in the bucket. I gave up on debt when, after the budget was close to being balanced around 2000, they passed, not one, but two big tax cuts, started two wars and passed an a giant unfunded prescription plan, which blew a ginormous hole in the budget, because math. Then the banks blew up the world financial markets! Ah, good times!🤪

I gave up long ago too.  It can't go on forever although all the smart people seem to think so.  It's going to be crash and burn.  All the king's PHDs and all the king's algorithms won't be able to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Remember, we don't host discussions involving politics here, and anything like speculating or discussing current or prior administrations' motivations or tactics, the opposition, etc. will be deleted without comment. Please stick to discussing only the law itself as it relates to, or affects, our business of tax preparation and planning. 

55 minutes ago, jklcpa said:

Remember, we don't host discussions involving politics here, and anything like speculating or discussing current or prior administrations' motivations or tactics, the opposition, etc. will be deleted without comment. Please stick to discussing only the law itself as it relates to, or affects, our business of tax preparation and planning. 

It is really hard to do right now Judy.   But we promise we will try to be good going forward.   Thanks for the reminder.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 1

I already deleted one comment and don't want Randall to think it was only his that prompted my reply. 

I rant and rage at some of this as like everyone else but not here. There are other forums that allow political commentary if anyone feels the need, and then there's Facebook or Twitter where arguing and alienating of friends and friends of friends are always possible.  

• Like 2