ATX Community

US Census for Businesses

Lion EA

I received an email request on behalf of one of my clients. I haven't seen this before for a business. It's not that elaborate, intrusive business census that I've seen lots of short versions, including for my own SMLLC, and a couple of long versions for clients. Received this morning and due 28 May. Have any of you seen this email? Is it legit?

SMALL BUSINESS PULSE SURVEY

A MESSAGE FROM THE DIRECTOR, U.S. CENSUS BUREAU:

As businesses and our nation collectively adapt to meet unprecedented challenges posed by Coronavirus (COVID-19), the U.S. Census Bureau is committed to producing critical information to measure the impacts to the economy and people of the United States. To better understand the needs of the many small businesses, we are reaching out to take our nation's economic pulse. Your answers can guide decisions made by federal officials and policymakers targeting aid, assessing programs' effectiveness, and facilitating America's economic recovery.

This is a short survey with 16 checkbox questions that should take 5 minutes or less to complete. The survey will assess your business' activities in the last week and since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Please use the following information to respond to the Small Business Pulse Survey: [then login info]

I was suspicious and wanted to see what you folks knew before I passed it along to my client, in whose biz name it came to my email on his biz site. I would've deleted it at least until, or IF, I received a snail mail. The client I passed it along to will almost certainly delete it.

• Like 1