ATX Community

NT PC Backup

Edsel

On 6/10/2020 at 6:44 PM, BulldogTom said:

I know this sounds crazy, but I think about these things.

Not crazy at all.  I think about it as well.  Frankly, I use encryption because the state will come after ME if client data is breached.  If I have done everything on their little checklist, I am off the hook as far as state prosecution goes.  Since I am not fond of either orange or jumpsuits, that is important.  For the actual consequences of data breach, I have cyber insurance.

There's only so much we CAN do.  Belt, suspenders, duct tape, and staples.  So, secure networks, no broadcast of wifi (ours requires the MAC address of a device to be entered in before it will admit its existence, then asks for password), encrypted drives, encrypted back up both local and cloud.  Deleting any email that contained sensitive information (after printing to pdf), plus telling client first to delete it themselves and next never to do that again.  After that, there's nothing in my control.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2020 at 11:43 PM, BulldogTom said:

I am so glad there is a continent between us right now.

Tom
Modesto, CA

The continent is not as wide as you think, Tom!

LOL; that was a good one.  I appreciate the laugh.  And I just can't help it if the rest of you are all over-sized!  

🤣

• Haha 2