ATX Community

Refund holdup

ILLMAS

Anyone else experiencing hold up with clients refunds?  I have two that I submitted in late March and early April and the status is they are still being processed.  Who know if there are others out there, but only two have called me to let me know.

I have a weird one that I cannot explain, efiled a 2018 tax return on May 21, TP calls me this past Saturday," I received a check from the IRS for $XXX" and I responded saying it was probably the stimulus check he has been waiting for, then when he gave me the amount (wasn't rounded to the nearest 100th), I said the amount doesn't seem to be the stimulus check.  So I had him read the information off the check it said 12/2018, and yes he received his refund via paper check in less then two weeks, and the strangest thing, the return was marked for direct deposit 🤔

• Like 1

I know of 6 out in limbo land.  And 5 include credits.  One just had paid in a lot of estimate and then bought equipment so he has a large refund that he was hoping to use paying for that equipment.  More and more of this feet dragging by the IRS and I'm going to scream.  It's very frustrating

• Like 1

I would agree it’s C19 delay.  I have a few, no credits.  This situation was on the news the other day, and someone owed $11K and IRS has not cashed the check for months.

UPS lost 3 of my Amazon packages or still in transit they say.

The mail is slow.  I guess patience is the keyword today.

• Like 4

I have one accepted in February and still unpaid. The client says she has received no mailed info or info request from the Service. She has submitted a request to our local Congresswoman which I have found from past experience will get the tree shaken and get it resolved fairly quickly. She has a possible issue with a dedpendency matter which I had advised her and now deceased husband to address to avoid any problem but as so often occurs they set on their hands until the possible problem becomes a reality.

That brings up a question that never ends. Why are clients so resistant to making a change on their returns that will be really helpful to them ? They will invariably insist on the same filing info year after year to the point I ususally just give up pointing out a possible problem.