ATX Community

local OH return help

schirallicpa

I'm not familiar with these OH local returns.  I've got a RITA and a school district form in this return.  My federal letter default says that these are efiled.  But I'm thinking these have to be paper filed??  I'm not finding separate efile forms (unless they automatically attach to the OH efile?)  

Please advise. 

thanks.

The Ohio school district return. SD100, is part of the Ohio state return, if applicable.  If the state return is e-filed, the SD-100 goes with it.  RITA is a pain.  ATX charges extra to e-file, I think you have to purchase Ohio cities package to do that.  I have 3-4 clients who have to file RITA returns.  I print them out to mail.  One client has hers prepared at the local office in her town for free - I encourage that.

I am quite surprised that your federal letter says the SD-100 and the local returns are e-filed.  I've never seen that in a federal letter for, lo, these many years.  I wonder how that came about.  Are you using ATX?