ATX Community

E-filing Down?

grandmabee

I have been having this problem since yesterday.  And yes it is up and running now.  Also did we change the forum format?  I have been going to the one for ATX and suddenly couldn't find it yesterday while I had to register for this one.  I am so lost.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 1464940 said:

I have been having this problem since yesterday.  And yes it is up and running now.  Also did we change the forum format?  I have been going to the one for ATX and suddenly couldn't find it yesterday while I had to register for this one.  I am so lost.  

Welcome to the Unofficial ATX community, not affiliated or controlled by ATX, CCH, or Wolters Kluwer.  This is a privately owned site that was started back in 2007 when ATX was bought out and received so many negative comments on their official forum that the company shut down it down in early April of that year and left the users with nowhere to get answers to their tax questions or help with the software.  The owner of this site is a former employee of ATX when they were located in Caribou, Maine, and he graciously continues to host this forum for us.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, RichRhodesEA said:

Maybe it is just me, but is the software taking extra long to open?  Just the splash screen hangs for a long time.  I have even rebooted (before I realized that no one else could efile either).

ATX, unfortunately, tries to connect to their servers every time you start it. If your internet is down or their servers are having problems, ATX will open slowly.

This is true even if, like me, you have the preferences set to not check for program updates or form updates. That's the first thing I turn off every year.

2 hours ago, 1464940 said:

Glad you stumbled upon us! We're like the Shire in Lord of the Rings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2