ATX Community

IRS online transcript issue

ILLMAS

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, after the IRS stopped faxing transcripts I signed up for online access, haven't used it since, yesterday I got locked out for attempting to log in too many times.  I believe the problem I am having is with the site image and site phrase, but it doesn't allow me to confirm or deny, just allows me to put in my password.  Can someone let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Verify that your Site Image and Site Phrase below are correct. If the Site Image and Site Phrase are not correct, please do not proceed.

Funny, when I was in college, they recommended we use Netscape browser, a couple of years later it disappeared, used IE for a couple of years, then our IT person recommended Mozilla in the mid 2000s, and today they recommend using Chrome or Firefox, but not IE 😂 

No one recommends using IE, due to security concerns, but a lot of older government websites were designed for IE. I believe you need to use it for FBAR filings? And you have to use Adobe for FBAR, so I set up IE to open pdf in the browser (not my normal preference) and use it for FBAR filings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ILLMAS said:

Any today we wake up to a  new version of Edge installed on our Windows 10 machines, I never said I wanted it.

It was the final straw for me.   I am moving all my web activity to Chrome.   Resetting all my favorites is almost complete.   Just having a problem with this site.   

I should have done this when I moved to Win10.   I am done with Microsoft browsers forever if I can help it.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 3

You should probably defer the Win10 May 2020 update, if you're using Chrome, until they get the kinks worked out:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/06/19/google-confirms-serious-new-problems-for-chrome-users/#23f1c42832af

The ironic thing is that the new edge is based on Chrome:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4501095/download-the-new-microsoft-edge-based-on-chromium

I am so frustrated with technology right now.   I had to get a new phone in the last week.   Just getting my email set up and my 5 apps that I use was a total pain.   Then I had a problem with my email and I had to uninstall and re-install my email on both my main computer and my laptop, and they say it was because when I hooked up my phone to my email I did something to the settings that screwed up my account.   Then I go to my internet browser and I don't see anything the same.   So I start putting all my favorites on Chrome since MS does not even give you a warning that they are F'ing everything up.   Then I get to work today, and our VPN is down, as well as my office 365 subscription saying it was deactivated and needs to be reactivated.   I have 87 passwords that I need to remember, 14 codes that need to be sent to me to verify who I am so I can get on a website, and over 200 security questions that I need to remember the answers to.    

I am so sick and tired of these technology companies that I am ready to chuck it all, move to Alaska, and get completely off the grid.   Let the government try to find me up there.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 5

I use the Dissenter browser; it's based on Brave, but with even more security and privacy features built in.  Including built in ad-blocking, VPN, and (if you're interested) Tor browser.  The only issues I've had has been TOO much security on rare occasion; I've had to lighten up the security features on a couple of sites for them to work properly.

• Like 1

I think like you Bulldogtom a lot of times.  Sheesh.  Armies of programmers sitting around thinking up new silly gimmicks.  I go backpacking some just to get away from it all.  I carry my cell phone but seldom use it.  I like printed maps.  But others have all the maps on their phones.  I have those map apps too but usually can't figure them out.  You can't get away from it.  There's probably an app in Alaska to warn you when a grizzly is coming.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have heard of the brave browser, it seem people who are “youtuber” use this browser to get back at YouTube for censoring their content.  Supposedly it blocks ads, YouTube and YouTubers don’t make money if the ads are not shown or something like that.

• Like 1

I am a poster on the Tax Book Forum but all of a sudden it doesn't work properly on IE anymore, so I have to use Chrome.  I hate it, probably because I can't find things like where to Print, access Favorites, etc.  Where can I learn more about operating Chrome? 

Hey, Burke. I use Chrome but don't know any good training. And, TTB Forum works fine for me today. But, I do know MS had some updates that affected IE and added Edge to my computer. Perhaps such an update changed your IE settings or even replaced IE with Edge, making TTB Forum not work right. If you prefer IE, try poking around your settings in IE and in TTB to see if something changed. Good luck.

On 6/23/2020 at 10:10 AM, Randall said:

I think like you Bulldogtom a lot of times.  Sheesh.  Armies of programmers sitting around thinking up new silly gimmicks.  I go backpacking some just to get away from it all.  I carry my cell phone but seldom use it.  I like printed maps.  But others have all the maps on their phones.  I have those map apps too but usually can't figure them out.  You can't get away from it.  There's probably an app in Alaska to warn you when a grizzly is coming.

I’ll bet the app is named GRRaze. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1