ATX Community

Tax Summary - wrong calculation

I've always liked the tax summary as it simplifies and condenses the return for folks.  Honestly I've never carefully reviewed or confirmed the calculations, just skimmed over AGI and a couple of other numbers.  But today a client called freaking out on looking at her return because the right side column had Total Income equaling the Deductions.  She actually had negative AGI and standard deduction of $12,200 but the summary shows total income of $12,200.  I looked at the master form to check the calculation but there is no access.  Guess I have to let ATX super programmers know that there might be an error.  I'm embarrassed it took this for me to find it.  On the other hand, virtually none of my clients have negative income and with any positive income, it does work.

It's always something.... and I am really tired of this season with still 9 footdraggers.

• Thanks 2

This year was a Virginia State tax nightmare. Taxwise and the state did NOT play well with others. 

I spent a total of about 4 hours pointing out the errors with both entities, and even more time responding to letters from the state because of the software issues. 

I had glanced at the returns and pushed them through without actually READING every line, and boom! It was like an avalanche. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1