ATX Community

NT - mom

WITAXLADY

I'm very sorry. Prayers for your mother and for you and for your family.

Attended a funeral last Friday. Outdoors, graveside (urn for ashes), 25 maximum allowed (by invitation of the family only), masks, six feet apart (households could stand together), contact sheets. Family gave us food and water bottles as we left instead of a reception. I missed hugging, but it was surprisingly beautiful.

It was also delayed until the family was ready to venture out (one daughter was streaming it on her phone for her brother and his immediate family in FL) and our church could host an outdoor service with restrictions. More difficult when your brothers are not cooperating and the priest is scared &/or under instructions from his diocese.  Another friend had a Zoom memorial service and said it was surprisingly comforting.

Praying that a service will give you all some peace in these troubled times.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

THANK YOU ALL!

The phone rings about 6 at night and I think  - that's mom - and no one there - yes! must be mom calling!

It's been okay - cards I received write of the good times people remmeber of her and some very nice donations to a one time  Memorial we are doing for local children  - as she would do anything for a child.

Now about those brothers.. - prayers for unity!!

Live one day at a time! and live it well.

Glory to God

Peace to you all.

Best Darlene

• Like 3