ATX Community

how do I do 80 batch extensions?

WITAXLADY

please - I printed earlier and was not sure how to follow the directions..

I have 2 sets- those not rolled over and those rolled over I wanted to get done..

Please appreciate simple clear instructions. -

Also My daughters drove 3 hours today to take turns and one is staying over with her - I will go Tues am - for my peaXce of mind - I did need to finish some S corps..

we will bring her closer for hospice - but the assisted facilities by law allow no one in - so we had to get special permission..

I thank you all for your prayers and thoughts and wonderful words - I sort of did not want to post as it is sympathy.. but it was a dilemma - and we all are family in taxes and we all go through this

My prayers are with all of you that will also be in this position now , will or have been.

Be Safe,

Best,

D

• Like 2

I do not do batch extensions.  You get no confirmation number.

I open each return, add 4868, fill in appropriately (usually all 0) then efile the extension like I do a return.  This way you get an acknowledgement number when it is accepted.

If there are problems down the line, that you must have proof that the extension was filed, nothing but the electronic confirmation number will do.  Not even the green card from mailing them certified.

CYA  Do them one at a time in each extended return.

A word to the wise is sufficient.

• Like 4