ATX Community

Tax Prep Fee Schedule?

ETax847

I have a client complaining about how much we charge.  Does anyone have a copy of HR Block's fee schedule? I would like to show this client how much cheaper we are than some of our competition.  While we don't compete on price, Ive always been told HR Block charges are outrageous.

If none of your clients complain about your fees, you're not charging enough. If only one complains, you're still not charging enough.

I provide better service than HR Block, so I make sure I charge more. (I know, because I worked for them for 11 years.) But, I haven't checked their fees in a couple of years.

• Like 3

On 8/17/2020 at 5:51 PM, ETax847 said:

I have a client complaining about how much we charge.  Does anyone have a copy of HR Block's fee schedule? I would like to show this client how much cheaper we are than some of our competition.  While we don't compete on price, Ive always been told HR Block charges are outrageous.

Let them go.  If the only thing they are looking at, is your fees, they will find someone cheaper next year.  21 years in this business, and I have a long file drawer full of "looking for cheap" folders.  "If you are looking for the cheapest, I am not the person to talk to.  If you want the best in the area (Mention any credentials) then we can talk.

When a person asks "What do you charge?", I ask them to send me a complete copy of their previous return, then I can give them a more accurate quote. (subject to change, if situations arise).

Also, if people start complaining about my price, next season there will be an increase.  I find out, if they come to me for my professionalism, or just a price.

• Like 3