ATX Community

Form 4506-T to request transcript

Pacun

Yes.  The Wage & Income transcripts are available for 10 years; tax return transcripts for 3; Account Transcripts technically have no limit, but for my 2848 POA's I put a 20 year range - 2004-2023.  

If you have to get client transcripts, you should also get a CAF (Central Authorization File) number.  Fill out form 8821, or if you are an EA, or CPA, form 2848 with your information and the clients info.  The CAF unit will assign you a number  That way you will be able to get transcripts on line, or over the phone the same day.  

• Like 1

Just this past Friday I tried using the SOR from the IRS and it was quick receiving the information.  Here is what I did, I faxed in my POA after calling in to the tax practitioners hotline and within minutes my clients transcripts were transferred into my account.  Also, this very important, you need to use internet explorer when logging into your account, learned this from another member here after having no luck logging in.

• Like 1