ATX Community

Anyone e-filed an amended 2019 1040?

Margaret CPA in OH

I have mostly completed a 2019 1040 amended return to e-file but don't seem to be able to do so.  The 8879 has combined the original refund amount with the additional refund from the amended return (client has already received the original refund) and I cannot create a 1040X in Create e-file.  Only the 1040 appears.  If I choose 1040, does the entire form (as corrected) get sent with the 1040X?  How does one get a client authorization to e-file on an incorrect 8879?  Just refer them to the copy of the 1040X?  But there is no reference on 8879 to 1040X.  I did not prepare or e-file the original return.

I'm not sure.  I haven't tried this yet.  But it would seem you have to wait for ATX to correct this.  When you efile an extension, the program has a separate listing of the extension and later when you create the efile for the 1040, you can see the extension efile option grayed out.  I would assume ATX would need to do this for the 1040X and show the original 1040 efile option grayed out.  As for the 8879, I think I would just make manual changes until they come up with a separate form for the 1040X.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...