ATX Community

Need to Software to E-file 1065X and 3115

b#tax

I have been using Taxwise since 1993 which is very fast for individual returns but that last few years the business entities have been become a hassle and they do not support my state business entity efile. My fall back when I need something more robust is Intuit Proconnect. but it is pricey per return. I like Taxwise because you are inputing on the forms or worksheets that feed into the forms for the most part.

I need to e-file 2019 3115 on 1065 and 1120S  as well as an amended 2018 1065 and my question is which software would you recommend to do this with that allows efile. I am primarily going to use this for business entities as I have already renewed Taxwise and will use that for my 1040 forms. 

Intuit Proconnect

Drake Software

ATX 

Working in Intuit Proconnect is nice as you can have the forms open while you are inputting but it is pricey and the old Lacerte format with data entry of variables is quirky with very little on line by line instructions. 

On Drake I hear all the raves about Drake but I feel like I am going backwards as you have to hop back and forth between view and input. I wish there was a way to keep view open while on input screen. It just seems weird not to have live calculations in-bedded in the software in 2020. 

I have entered two returns in ATX, one personal and one 1120S. I liked the direct form input but the 1040 took me alot longer to input. I also wonder about how easy it is to e-file complex business returns with QBI or the 3115.

I would appreciate any feed back from those that have used any of these software providers.

Bryan 

On 8/26/2020 at 1:28 PM, b#tax said:

I have been using Taxwise since 1993 which is very fast for individual returns but that last few years the business entities have been become a hassle and they do not support my state business entity efile. My fall back when I need something more robust is Intuit Proconnect. but it is pricey per return. I like Taxwise because you are inputing on the forms or worksheets that feed into the forms for the most part.

I need to e-file 2019 3115 on 1065 and 1120S  as well as an amended 2018 1065 and my question is which software would you recommend to do this with that allows efile. I am primarily going to use this for business entities as I have already renewed Taxwise and will use that for my 1040 forms. 

Intuit Proconnect

Drake Software

ATX 

Working in Intuit Proconnect is nice as you can have the forms open while you are inputting but it is pricey and the old Lacerte format with data entry of variables is quirky with very little on line by line instructions. 

On Drake I hear all the raves about Drake but I feel like I am going backwards as you have to hop back and forth between view and input. I wish there was a way to keep view open while on input screen. It just seems weird not to have live calculations in-bedded in the software in 2020. 

I have entered two returns in ATX, one personal and one 1120S. I liked the direct form input but the 1040 took me alot longer to input. I also wonder about how easy it is to e-file complex business returns with QBI or the 3115.

I would appreciate any feed back from those that have used any of these software providers.

Bryan 

I have used ATX for 20 years for all types of forms: 1040, 1065, 1120, 706....without any issues.  QBI and 3115 are no problem.

I have no problem with input time.  I use my left hand to navigate with the mouse and keep my right hand on the number key.

Not directly related but when I began my first accounting class so many years ago, I got quickly annoyed with having to put down the mouse to enter numbers or write. I rapidly trained myself to use a 10 key with my left hand and still do.  Then several years ago I began to have bad pains in my right shoulder and neck and switched my mouse to the left hand; pain gone. It's remarkable how our motor skills can be retrained to suit the needs we have.