ATX Community

2020 tax software survey results

ETax847

Surprised that TaxSlayer was not considered part of the Big 7.  I had it at one time, and although it is inferior to Drake and some of the others, it was quick, direct, and seemed to be a perfect fit for a large chain tax prep store.  Cheap, fast, slick, and great support.  Developed in Augusta GA, so state programs for GA and SC were flawless, but when you got into other states, especially entities other than individuals, it became weak.  I was happy with it until encountering govt contracting clients with operations in several states.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2020 at 10:06 AM, Yardley CPA said:

Happy to see ATX had a decent showing.  I've been using the program for many years, back to the days of Parsons Technology, and it has treated me well.  That's not to say there isn't the occasional hiccup, but overall I'm very pleased with the product.  

I started with Parsons too !  And I also have been fairly happy with it.  Too late now to start thinking of changing.  I hoping for only 5 more years and then I can retire.

• Like 5