ATX Community

Name change on FEIN

TaxmannEA

Is there any way to make a change in the name of an entity that has an FEIN? We have a church that no longer uses the full name that was listed on their SS-4. The organization is exactly the same, they just are no longer associated with the denomination named in the last two words of the name. I told them that I thought that they would probably need to get a new number if they insist, but I know that someone in this group may know of a way. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jim Oh Bkkr said:

Maybe you know, maybe not - "site:irs.gov" in your search and google will search only the IRS.  One of the few good things left about google.

Thank you, Jim. I did not know that, and it will be very helpful.  Most of the time I want broader searches, but if one does want to search within IRS, this would be better than using the search feature on the IRS site itself.

• Like 2

If any of you use CCH's AnswerConnect or any of the research iterations of IntelliConnect, it can be "connected" to your browser (I use Chrome and IE and dabble in Edge). When you search, you'll get a line that says "Display CCH AnswerConnect search results." Click on that to get AnswerConnect results. It doesn't take up screen space when you don't want your AnswerConnect results (or when there aren't any, such as searching for your dentist's phone number). It's always at work in the background. No need to first open AnswerConnect or be within a tax return.

1 hour ago, Gail in Virginia said:

I did not remember that, and the real question will be can I remember this when I actually want to be able to use it. 

I know I won't remember it and took a screenshot of how to do it.  Now I will have to remember to look for this helpful advice on my tablet.  I stored something about converting an organizer to fillable fields using some pdf function or through Word, but I couldn't find that either and finally gave up. That's what happens when I need something once a year and think I'll remember how. 😄

• Like 3