ATX Community

Question for Verifyle Users

Patrick Michael

I am looking at using Verifyle to have clients sign the E-File authorization forms.  According to Verifyle's compliance page IRS regulations require an "identity verification check" and suggest texting a code to the client that they have to confirm.

I was wondering what method other users of Verifyle use to verify the identity of the signers?

Thanks.

Well, I know all of my clients and communicate with them via email and/or phone before and often after uploading documents to Verifyle.  Some do not text so that would not work.  If you do not know  your clients and communicate via texting, phone, or email, not sure what you would do. In some cases I have been on the phone as they have accessed Verifyle to talk them through it.

You can make use of the "shared secret" and report the result in that client's Verifyle. YOU are doing the verification of your client's identity; it's not happening automatically by Verifyle. It may not be a big deal if you have only a few clients to use it, or once you get into a routine. I've heard that Verifyle has webinars and videos.

• Like 2