Are you renewing for 2008 with ATX?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Are you renuewing with ATX for 2008

• Yes - Early and Taking the discount
    • Yes - But waiting till the last minute
    • Not Sure - Will decide later
    • No - Could change my mind if price is right
    • No - I am leaving for certain

I forgive CCH for most of their Sins during this last tax season. Change is hard for them and for Us, but

I would not forgive myself if I were to be blind and let them switch my product. The discount, although resonable is not enough incentive for me to play Karnack the Great and look into the future in my crystal ball, rather than deal with this using hindsight later in the year.

Now, as I have said before (attorney hat speaking this time), a written, contractual agreement from CCH will solve my problem!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be sticking with ATX for next season. I have spent hours looking at the demos for Drake, Taxslayer, TRX and even Taxwise.

It became clear why I chose ATX in 2002. I like to see the W2s, 1099Rs, interest, dividends, and stock sales, and K1s in that spreadsheet format. It speeds up my entry time and makes review faster too. If only they would get efiling to work smoothly and fix that awful client letter, I will be very happy.

My second favorite is Taxwise, which I used before ATX. No, I do not and never have worked for CCH.

Did I mention how well the client letters work in all those other programs?

I forgive CCH for most of their Sins during this last tax season. Change is hard for them and for Us, but

I would not forgive myself if I were to be blind and let them switch my product. The discount, although resonable is not enough incentive for me to play Karnack the Great and look into the future in my crystal ball, rather than deal with this using hindsight later in the year.

Now, as I have said before (attorney hat speaking this time), a written, contractual agreement from CCH will solve my problem!

I've gone along with the "they might switch to Taxwise" argument, although deep down I'll confess I've more or less felt it was very unlikely. However, from a marketing standpoint it would seem to me that they have nothing to lose to offer a simple guarantee of that sort, especially since they are asking people to put up cold hard cash. I'm sure they are hearing it from others, so I keep wondering why they don't address it in writing.

The only conclusions I can come to are:

1) They are stubborn, stupid, or shallow in their thinking;

2) It's a possibility and they don't want to make any commitments.

• 3 weeks later...

I try to stay out of these discussions. However, I just could not comment on the software license from CCH.

Well, I recap it.

Your rights are almost nonexistent.

CCH contracts with you to provide nothing, well almost nothing.

CCH rights are supreme.

I suggest you don't read the license, if want to feel assured about CCH is going to do.

I have no complaint about CCH or ATX and I plan on renewing with ATX.

I try to stay out of these discussions. However, I just could not comment on the software license from CCH.

Well, I recap it.

Your rights are almost nonexistent.

CCH contracts with you to provide nothing, well almost nothing.

CCH rights are supreme.

I suggest you don't read the license, if want to feel assured about CCH is going to do.

I have do complaint about CCH or ATX and I plan on renewing with ATX.

But isn't that pretty much standard licensing language for all software? Most of them basically say that you don't own anything, they just let you use it.

Already renewed.

And, just dealt with ATX Tech Support for the 2nd day in a row on a Sec 754 election input issue. Support tried but so far not very helpful.

On days like this I question my the decision to renew. Maybe a hanging would help.

Already renewed.

And, just dealt with ATX Tech Support for the 2nd day in a row on a Sec 754 election input issue. Support tried but so far not very helpful.

On days like this I question my the decision to renew. Maybe a hanging would help.

This is really not a CCH issue, because the same problem most likely would have existed if ATX had not sold to CCH.

I had an issue with some computation before ATX sold, the answer was use the override, we are not going fix the problem.

I would like a simple contract addition that states that if CCH fails to delivery the product ordered by 01/15/2009 you will be only entitled to a full refund of all the amounts you paid for such product.

Also, a couple of other minor things.

Even I wouldn't put that date into a contract. There are forms that don't come out by that date and if ONE form wasn't available, then they would be required to give you a refund, even if they are being held hostage by the IRS. I can remember years ago that we hoped to get the FIRST edition (with only partial forms available) by that date. Yes, times have changed and ATX has been able to get the program out earlier and earlier every year, but there is ALWAYS a fight to get the programs out as soon as the customers want it. And then the state programs are always later than the federal, as everyone needs the federal.

>>I would like a simple contract addition that states that if CCH fails to delivery the product ordered by 01/15/2009 you will be only entitled to a full refund of all the amounts you paid for such product.<<

ATX gives you a generous 45 days to evaluate their software. For a guarantee of January 15, simply order it in December.

Well, I read a lot on this board and the other one,,,,this is my first input on this board. I've had ATX for 8 years now, and have 450 clients and work alone. ATX has been great for me. MAX has given me everything I need so far. I haven't really needed to rely on tech support that much. I charge 80.00 per customer (non-business) returns, so ATX is worth it for me....especially just for tax season (3 months). So obviously I'm staying with ATX until something better comes along.

I was on the fence, but renewed. I had an ongoing problem with MA returns being rejected for e-file as duplicated returns. EFC was seeing the extension as the return and said it was already accepted. Several calls failed to remedy the situation. Then I spoke with a very helpful young lady who at one point told me she couldn't double-check something as they had closed, but she would stay on the line until we could see some progress. She faxed me the next day, then called with a solution, then called again to make sure it worked ok. Because of her attitude and help, I decided to give them another chance. She is a level IV tech and had been with Taxwise 2 years, so at least the upper level techs are knowledgeable and helpful.

I also told her I was not happy that my info was on the Taxwise website, and she said that in the not-too-distant future the website will be Taxwise/ATX and they were preparing for that.

... She is a level IV tech and had been with Taxwise 2 years, so at least the upper level techs are knowledgeable and helpful.

I also told her I was not happy that my info was on the Taxwise website, and she said that in the not-too-distant future the website will be Taxwise/ATX and they were preparing for that.

I think that there are only 2 of the old techs from ATX Maine and I am guessing that both of them are the level IV or above. And well pretty hard to get to them as they have to deal with the reg techs so they are not spread to thin.