ATX Community

WIN 10 UPDATE QUESTION

Lee B

No problems here.  I had a dozen updates this week for various programs including one for Win 10, and the only issue was from an antivirus program update where it was treating one of my financial sites as an advertising site and had blocked it from fully loading. I listed it as an exclusion and everything is working again, but that's been it as far as problems go. 

I have a really annoying problem since the last big update.  I cannot use Windows Explorer to access ANY of my network storage device folders, unless they are mapped as network drives.  

Fortunately, I had *one* folder mapped, for quick access, and was able to copy the format using the other top-level folder names (which I was still able to see and access just FINE from my ancient W7 machine) and now I have access again.  But I am not impressed.  In fact... there's another network box that I rarely need to get to; I'd better look up those names and add those as drives, too.  Grrr.  I hate computers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Catherine said:

I have a really annoying problem since the last big update.  I cannot use Windows Explorer to access ANY of my network storage device folders, unless they are mapped as network drives. 

This might help.

https://www.askwoody.com/forums/topic/win-10-windoows-file-explorer-does-not-display-network-computers/

http://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=35529

• Like 1

I haven't had any problems.  I wonder too about all the tech warnings.  Then when reading about security concerns, they tell us to update regularly to keep out the bad guys.  I don't think I have much choice.  Go with the updates and I assume my programs will be on top of the Windows updates.