ATX Community

2020 filing deadline extended like 2019 (hopefully not)

ILLMAS

I attended a webinar this past Saturday and the instructor mentioned that there is a possibility they might extend the filing deadline again and I have the same feeling to.  But he shared something that made me smile, at another tax seminar in a state that doesn’t have all these restrictions, an attendee shared his story on how he was going to profit from people who were going to wait until 7-15-20.  The tax preparer sent a letter to all his client informing them if they were going to come in after 4-15-20 he was going to charge a $250 fee for ruining his summer and taking time away from his family, unfortunately he made no money because all his clients brought in their information before 4-15 and he was able to enjoy his summer with his family.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Possi said:

I would welcome an extension, and I also tell my clients they need to get here early. I think my words were, "I have zero desire to work during the summer." 

My clients know I mean what I say! 

Wow, you must really crack the whip! Say, can I swap a few of my clients that don't listen to me. 😉

• Like 2

I would be happy for an extension, because everything will take longer again. I will be training clients to use my new portal. ( I have to learn it later this month.) I won't be having in-person appointments indoors, since I work out of my home and I can't take any risks with my husband's health. It will be back to driveway pickups and dropoffs. Hopefully, I won't lose too many more. I've lost three in a month due to Covid and every one of them has been heartbreaking for me. I've known most of them since I was much younger. I just hope that these vaccines work. 

• Like 3