ATX Community

Anyone e-file today?

Margaret CPA in OH

I submitted a return about 4 hours ago and it is still in Transmitted to EFC status.  I'm getting nervous because I can't file the state until federal is accepted.  Ideas about why it's taking so long?  I posted here instead of E-file forum as there is more action here.

Should I call and get some unsatisfactory answer or just sit tight? 

Yeah, just got off chat.  They show federal was transmitted to IRS awaiting acknowledgement.  Then I have to submit OH.  I know I could submit state now, too, but really like to have IRS acceptance first as state begins with federal AGI.  I think I will wait about another hour then send state. 

Of course, extremely tardy client and I am not happy but still trying to do my best.  She's long time and mom was diagnosed with aggressive cancer in March then chemo, radiation, etc.  So grounds for possible penalty abatement but still not my fault. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Margaret CPA in OH said:

and it still shows held.

There is one more step you need to take.

When you are in e-file manager, check the held file, then go to the upper left hand E-FILE tab and click on release marked returns.

Then you should find the return in "created returns" section.

• Like 1

Yesss!  I just saw both federal and state accepted.  Happy camper here, this was a nail biter.  I surely hope this client, or any client!, does this again.  I try to not be so involved but it's hard as I really like my clients and mostly understand that some of them just have issues.  This one, for instance, is an incredible entrepreneur full of ideas and energy, not my skill set at all.  But she is much more big picture, not much on details.  I try to help.  Mom's cancer was a real setback this year, though.

Now to begin preparing for the next season.  My Thanksgiving cards get mailed tomorrow.  I send those instead of other holiday greetings because I am truly thankful for my clients.  Wishing all y'all a blessed day of giving thanks.

• Like 2

ProSystem fx will accept up to 11:59 pm EST on 21 November; however, they are recommending 9 pm as safer, especially if sending states, to get the acknowledgements back. I did manage to get my usual straggler e-filed 15 October this year. And, one who'd been postponing can't be reached since 1 November; so if she calls, she won't be e-filed until January.