ATX Community

AnswerConnect

BobH

I purchase AnswerConnect. (I'm a ProSystem fx user, not ATX.) I like it. I learn more about it the longer I use it, and it has become more intuitive over time, guessing what I meant even if my phrase isn't how the tax code words it or if I misspelled something. I can use it from within a tax return, so it knows where I am and what I might be asking, and open it on its own and even when Googling or using another browser. Make sure you install the browser app. Then whenever you're searching for something, if there are AnswerConnect articles/laws/explanations/code/etc., an AnswerConnect pop-up will appear at the top of your results; you can open it if you're seeking a tax answer or ignore it (it takes up very little space) if tax is not what you want. Also, if you have young staffers who Google for any question, AnswerConnect will still pop up to lead them to substantial authority. The CCH tax experts, writers, and lawyers are constantly adding new information and rewriting old. I have found them responsive to my questions and suggestions. I love the charts and other more visual aspects, too.

• Like 1

What an excellent reply!  The "young staffer" tip is likely a game changer.

Finding opinions which make sense and are accurate is always a challenge.  There are so many who post things to get ad money, so a good amount of the information returned via any engine search is simply wrong.  Of course, I am long in the tooth enough now, that unless someone backs up their opinion with money/insurance, I investigate it myself.

• Like 2